Pet Dentistry in Golden, CO
Your pet’s happiness is our ultimate success, and it all starts with a healthy, beaming smile. Convenience Pet Hospitals is your go-to destination for professional pet dentistry. Discover how our expertise can keep your furry friend’s pearly whites gleaming and their overall health thriving. Get ready to witness your pet’s dazzling smile like never before!
Why is Dental Care Important for Your Pet?
Maintaining good dental health in pets is imperative. Like in humans, untreated dental issues can lead to serious health complications for your pets. Periodontal disease is a common concern, affecting most pets by age three. This condition, if left unchecked, can progress, causing pain, discomfort, and even systemic issues, such as kidney, liver, and heart muscle changes.
Early detection and treatment are vital. Dental problems not only affect your pet’s mouth but can also lead to bacterial infections that may enter the bloodstream, causing distant or systemic effects. Our professional dog teeth cleaning and cat dental services are designed to prevent and address these issues comprehensively.
How Can You Tell If Your Pet Has Dental Problems?
Identifying dental problems in your pet is achievable with vigilance. Apart from the signs mentioned earlier, pet owners may notice bad breath, discolored teeth, red or bleeding gums, or even broken teeth. In cases of dental disease, pets may become head-shy or resist having their mouths examined due to pain. Changes in behavior, such as withdrawal, irritability, decreased eating, or playing, can also indicate dental discomfort.
What to Expect After Your Pet’s Dental Cleaning
After a dental procedure at Convenience Pet Hospitals, your pet may experience some tiredness or grogginess due to anesthesia, which typically wears off within 24 hours. Depending on the extent of dental disease, your pet may receive pain medication and antibiotics to ensure a comfortable and infection-free recovery. If dental extractions were performed, they may have sutures in their gums and require soft food for 7 to 10 days to aid healing.
Signs of Dental Problems in Pets
Recognizing the signs of dental problems in your pets is crucial. Watch for signs such as:
- Bleeding or inflamed gums
- Discolored teeth (brown or yellow)
- Loose or missing teeth
- Bad breath (halitosis)
- Weight loss
- Bloody or “ropey” saliva
- Unwillingness to eat or decreased appetite
- Favoring one side of the mouth while chewing
- Excessive drooling
- Blood in the water bowl or on chew toys
- Pain when eating or playing with toys
- Broken or loose teeth
If your pet exhibits any of these symptoms, it’s essential to seek professional pet dental care promptly.
What is Involved in a Pet Dental Examination?
At Convenience Pet Hospitals, our commitment to your pet’s oral health is unwavering. Our pet dental services include:
- Providing estimates for procedures
- Conducting pre-surgical bloodwork
- Administering pre-surgical medication
- Conducting full mouth x-rays for a comprehensive evaluation
- Thoroughly cleaning and polishing your pet’s teeth
- Performing dental extractions when necessary
- Administering antibiotics and pain medications as needed for a safe and comfortable recovery
All our animal dental procedures are performed under general anesthesia, ensuring that we can safely and efficiently address your pet’s dental needs. We prioritize their comfort and well-being during every step of the process. Please note that we do not offer anesthesia-free dental, as they can be stressful, dangerous, and often ineffective in treating dental diseases.
Maintaining Your Pet’s Oral Health at Home
Preventing dental issues at home is essential. The following practices can help:
- Daily brushing with pet-approved toothpaste and a toothbrush (never use human toothpaste).
- Pet oral tooth wipes for pets that resist brushing.
- Vet-recommended dental treats and prescription diets.
- Dental additives for food and water to control oral bacteria.
- Annual vet visits for proper assessment and advice.
From Bad Breath to Radiant Smiles: The Power of Pet Dental Care!
At Convenience Pet Hospitals, we understand the significance of proper dental care for your pets. Our professional pet dental services aim to give your furry friends a lifetime of healthy smiles. Schedule a dental examination at Convenience Pet Hospitals in Golden, Colorado, and ensure your pet’s oral health and overall well-being. Your pet’s comfort and safety are our top priorities.